Thursday, September 23, 2010

My Shop



The shop when we bought the house...
It was pretty much an outdoor attic space, and storage shed.
But I had other plans.
Here is a CAD model of what I wanted to start building...
Yes I am that obsessive.



Framed and bench structure mostly finished.

 Drawer runners complete.


Benchtop on and a coat of primer.


The bench top is 3/4" solid pine panels, with 3/4" MDF underlayment.


 Dry Erase board for notes (mostly between me and Julia).
Along with a pencil tray underneath.

The benchtop clamp system. It is Rockler T-track with hold down clamps.


I spend most of my time in my shop, when I am not working on things around the house, or hanging out with the girls. It is not moving to completion that fast, but is mostly alot of learning as I go...

2 comments:

  1. Looking good so far! Having a workspace you like makes all the difference. I love my "sweatshop" (your name for it) in Mississippi - and not so much my space in Asheville - the basement! I do like the ping pong table for laying out all my sewing stuff; but what a chore to move it all to play a game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your background! So rugged. :)

    ReplyDelete